Friday, May 30, 2014

Pianono Recipe/Swiss Roll


Welcome to this site! I have another easy recipe worth sharing. Pianono is a Filipino cake roll and you can use any fillings you like (jelly, fruit jam or whipped cream). Some call it Swiss Roll or Jelly Roll. For this recipe, I will stay with the easy filling possible and my favorite too. I grew up loving this for my snack. The ingredients I am sure it is in your kitchen, you just need margarine and sugar, how easy and simple can it be. My son being a picky eater likes it, so I am hopeful you will like it too.





Ingredients:
6 eggs separated
6 tbsp sugar
6 tbsp sifted flour
1/3 tsp cream of tartar

Procedure:
1.Preheat oven at 400°F.
2. Beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar until it is stiff.
3. Slowly add the sugar one tbsp at a time.
4. Beat the egg yolks and add them to the egg whites at a slow speed.
5. When it is completely incorporated, remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the sifted flour one tbsp at a time.
6. Pour into a jelly roll pan lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 12-15 minutes at 400°F.
7. remove from oven and let the cake cool.
8. Remove the parchment paper lining.
9. Spread your favorite filling over the cake and roll.
10. Dust it with granulated sugar and slice crosswise.







No comments:

Post a Comment