Sunday, May 18, 2014

Lego Movie Cake


Hi everyone...Just want to share this page to those who love sweet treats. Enjoy browsing and I will try to upload more as I go. For my first post here regarding sweet treats, I am sharing a tutorial on how I made this figure for my son's seventh birthday. The inspiration is Lego movie with Emmet as his cake topper. It is not detailed as much but I am hoping you get the idea or I may be able to help just send me questions. Thanks!

Materials used:
RKT
Fondant
Gel colors (orange, yellow, blue, brown and black)
Bamboo skewer

Procedure:
1. Print desired image to how big you want your topper
2. Start molding your RKT ( I made cutouts of the image, part by part so I have the exact size of everything).
3. Cover everything in white fondant first to smoothen the RKT.
4. Mix gel color to the white fondant to get the color you needed.
5. Then, cover every part accordingly.
6.  Use dowels to support the structure, it can get really heavy as you add fondant to the RKT. ( I used bamboo skewers here).
7.  Attached the hair to the head, I used a Wilton tool to create the grooves on the hair.
8. Details, I spend a lot of time to these because they were all hand cut. I call it the final touch.


Hope you like it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment