Thursday, May 22, 2014

Lego Head MallowPops Tutorial



We celebrated our son's birthday and it was themed Lego Movie. The kids had fun and my son is now planning his birthday for next year, I wonder what it will be! We actually looked on Pinterest and browse different Lego cakes and I would say letting him decide on what cake he wanted was such a pain because at his age he already know what he wanted. I know this year's party will be hard to top in the coming years, so we'll see. As we browse for cakes and candies and everything  for a Lego Party, I saw these Lego Heads and I knew right along these will be perfect addition for our dessert table. Many mistakenly thought these were cake pops. These are MallowPops! Yes, these treats are easier to do than cake pops. And for this post, I have a tutorial on how i did them. Hope you find them useful for your next party! 

Jet Puffed Marshmallows, Jet Puffed Stacker Marshmallows,
 Yellow Candy Melts and Lollipop Sticks

Use a small round cutter to make the Lego Head

Put the lollipop stick in the center of marshmallows

Put a bit of melted candy melts on top of the
marshmallows

Let it dry

Dip the marshmallow now on the candy melts

Tap off excess candy melts. Rotate side to side,
 up and down to cover the marshmallow completely 

Let it dry again

Use edible marker to draw the face

Different faces I used to decorate
these Lego Heads

No comments:

Post a Comment